The Gustav Stresemann Institute’s European Conference & Training Centre in Bonn is an independent, non-partisan and charitable institution for political education.
In this capacity, accredited by the Land of North Rhine-Westphalia, the Gustav Stresemann Institute organizes conferences, symposia, workshops and seminars on a wide-ranging spectrum of topics.
The objectives of our educational work include:
- preparing people from all age groups for the 21st century’s knowledge society with varied proposals for lifelong learning,
- promoting European unification and expansion as well as international cooperation,
- bringing together people from various occupational, social and socio-political groups from Germany, Europe and other continents,
- improving critical judgement and strengthening a democratic sense of responsibility,
- exchanging opinions on social and political themes.
FOCUS AREAS OF OUR EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:
- Deepening and expansion of the EU
- Current European foreign, domestic, economic and finance policy
- The role of Europe in the world
- North-South issues / development policy
- Franco-German and intercultural relations
- Current economic and socio-political themes:
– Structural change, information and media society
– Migration and integration
- EU projects in support of democracy and human rights
- Youth projects to promote social participation and improve communication and conflict skills